Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Don't Like Backstitching, But...

...it really can add to a piece. Last night I finished up all but the backstitching on a Gorjuss design found in issue 249 of Cross Stitcher (UK) called "Laundry Day". This morning I took a picture of it before I started working on the backstitching:
This afternoon I finished it up, and even though there isn't a huge amount of backstitching, it really made a big difference:

So now I have this cute little piece, and absolutely nothing to do with it. Into the "finished, but nothing to do with it" bucket it goes.

And for those who may have wondered, no, this design wasn't in my WIP list (hanging head in shame). But when my magazine came, she just called out for me to stitch her. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!

2 comments:

  1. Gorjuss!! Totally love it! You will need to find a wee girl to give it too :D I have seen a few of these designs for sale and they really call to me too :D

    ReplyDelete