Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I've received a(nother) Liebster...

I am editing this post, as I have now been given another Liebster, this one by Jocelyn at Stitchy Minds Think Alike; Jocelyn is another Nora Corbett addict, and has some gorgeous finishes on her blog. Thanks Jocelyn!

My first Liebster was from Leslie at Stitching Under the Sea ; thank you Leslie! I am really enjoying sharing my stitching with others who understand my obsession.
Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, favorite or beloved. Liebster Awards are given by bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help newer bloggers gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions:

1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.

2. Show thanks to the blogger who awarded the Liebster to you by linking back to their blog.

3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving awards to, with links to their sites, and comment on their blog to let them know that you have given them the award.

4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know.

I was having a bit of a problem choosing five other blogs right now, for a few reasons. I don't follow very many as of yet, and of the ones I do follow, they have either already received the Liebster, or they have too many followers! I originally gave away two awards, but now have found three other blogs to give them to, which have now been added below.

The first Liebster goes to Rachel at What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day. She already has a lot of followers, but that is because she has a great sense of humor and shares everyday stories along with her terrific stitching.

The second Liebster goes to Karen at My Stitchy Ramblings. Besides sharing beautiful stitching, Karen has a gorgeous kitty, and every Friday she picks a new hunky guy to share!

The third Liebster goes to Nikki at Nikki's Crossed Stitches. Nikki's blog has a great combination of stitching, a bit of cooking, critters and just everyday stuff, as well as wonderful art works showing stitching being depicted throughout history.

The fourth Liebster goes to Stephanie at Stephanie's Stitches. Besides her beautiful Mirabilia projects, you have to take a look at all four of her finished Joan Elliott Seasonal Fairies; I am green with envy! ;)

The fifth, and final, Liebster goes to Amanda at The Stitch Menagerie. Amanda is a great contributor to the Mirabilia group on Facebook, and has just started a new blog; I am looking forward to seeing her blog grow.

Now for five things about myself:

1. I can name every state, in alphabetical order, in less than a minute.

2. I think I would have gotten better grades in college if I had gone to a smaller school (but Go Illini!).

3. I have every Nora Corbett/Mirabilia design ever printed.

4. I go through life feeling like most people were given a rule book that I never received.

5. I have a bad tendency to laugh when I'm nervous, which is usually in situations where laughing isn't appropriate!

Phew! This post took quite a bit longer than I thought it would. I was going to share a couple of small finishes, but I think I'll wait and post them in a few days. Until then, hope you have a lot of stitchy time, and no visits from La Grenouille!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award. It's nice to know more about you. Whoa... You own every Nora Corbett/Mirabilia design ever printed? You go, girl! ^.^

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized I didn't post a thank you for the Liebster. (I just emailed you. Silly me.) Thanks so much! I really enjoy your WIP Slaying blog, as well!

    Holy cow! All the Mira/Nora patterns?!? Wow!!

    ReplyDelete