Monday, June 25, 2012

SMT progress

After the size and intricacy of the model I recently finished, I am really loving working on Silver Moon Tea. Here's a pic after just a few days of stitching:


Usually when I stitch a Mirabilia, I start with the lady, but this one was easier to start at the top edge and work across and down. I've decided that I'll try to get most of the background done first, and save the lady (the best part!) for the end.

I've also gathered all of the materials needed for the Passione Ricamo SAL, so I am ready for the first part to be released on July 1. For those of you on the fence about this one, here is a pic that Laura posted on Facebook of the first part stitched:



After seeing the layout, and the colors in the border, I have decided that I'm going to stitch this one on black Belfast; I think the border, especially, will just glow on black. Remember, you only have until June 30 to sign up; after that it will be closed, and this design will not be released at a later date.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely progress on SMT. The colours are just gorgeous.

    You're very brave to be stitching the SAL Fairy on black. It will definitely look amazing though.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric for Silver Moon Tea is beautiful! I am also in the PR SAL. I think I'll post a photo on my blog too, to tempt other stitchers to join the SAL before it's too late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SMT is looking good Melanie.
    The SAL will be evry pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow she is going to be so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete