Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm still here...

...and still stitching! However, I've also been getting Tanner ready to go back to school, so I haven't been getting as much stitching done as I usually would. He goes back after Labor Day, and I can't believe the summer has pretty much gone already!

I'm still working on the model for Karen, and have also started stitching on a piece for Judy Odell. Some of you may remember my previous post about a fantastic workstation that Judy finished for me after I stitched it for her to use as a model in her photos:

 
 

Well, now she has asked me to complete a piece called "Shelley's Jewelry Box", which she is currently offering free of charge on her board: Just a Thought. She stitched part of it, but ran out of steam, so I'm going to finish the stitching for her so she can get to the finishing part. Here is a picture of the side panel that she had already finished:


And a close-up, to show all the pretty beads!



If you think you'd like to stitch this, you should check out Judy's board; she's offering it for free right now, but it may have to be bought at a later time.

I am very excited, because in return for stitching this for Judy, she has offered to do the finishing on a box that I stitch for myself after this one is done! She also sent these gorgeous needlework accessories as a "thank you":


All this "work" to do, and then my LNS informed me that part 3 of the L*K Mystery is at the store--ack! I need more hours in the day!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

 

2 comments:

  1. wow that is beautiful and you have a lot of work. thank you for your comment and have fun with all of that stitching
    donna

    ReplyDelete