Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Small Frosty Forest update

I don't have much stitching to share, but I thought I'd post a small update before I head off to Columbus, OH for the Mirabilia retreat starting tomorrow. Part of the reason I don't have much to show is because I haven't actually done much stitching while I try to get ready for my trip. I did get my April Just Nan design finished, which I'll post on either the 27th or 28th--the post date is supposed to be the 27th, but after driving 9+ hours home from Ohio, I might not feel like blogging!

So what little stitching I did accomplish, aside from the Just Nan piece, was on part 5 of Frosty Forest, Bluebird Cabin:


Here is the whole design so far:


Part 6 will probably get to my LNS next week, so I'd better get stitching when I get home from the retreat if I want to stay caught up with this one. It seems like once I fall behind on a multi-part series, it's pretty much over!

I have to laugh at myself a bit, because as I was working on Bluebird Cabin, I realized that there is no doorknob charted. Raccoon Cabin and Snowman's Cottage both have one, so I knew I wanted to put one in. However, each of those two have the knob on different sides, and if the last house, Snowgirl's Cottage had one, I wanted to put it on the opposite side of that one so that there would be two on each side. And yes, I do have a "touch" of OCD! I actually emailed the designer, Nikki Leeman, to ask her which side the handle was on on Snowgirl's Cottage, and she was kind enough to reply to such an odd request. I know, I'm weird!

Heads up for Nora Corbett fans, she is going to have a design in the July issue of Cross Stitch & Needlework, Moonlight Laguna Mermaid:


I might have to stitch her on Lugana, instead of linen, just because it would be fun to say Laguna is on Lugana! ;)

Hope everyone is having a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. The bit about the doorknob made me chuckle! I'm well behind on this piece but you've inspired me to pick it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress Melanie. Have fun at the retreat.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on FF.
    Funny about the doorknob. :)
    Thanks for the heads up on the magazine.
    Have fun at the retreat!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love looking at all of your Mira's...they are all just beautiful....You are making great progress on your WIP...that is going to be so pretty.

    Your new Start is going to be so beautiful...love the colors in this one.

    Have fun at the Retreat....

    I found your blog and I am now a follower of your blog....I would like for you to be a follower of my blog as well and here is the link:

    http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

    I just love your blog....

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Railroad

    ReplyDelete