Friday, June 6, 2014

Frosty Forest update

I have now completed seven parts of CCN's Frosty Forest, with two parts still to be released. Part seven was the last of the four house blocks, called Snowgirl's Cottage:


I'm glad there are only two parts left, as I find myself ready to be done with this design. ;) Here is the entire piece so far:


I also completed part three of the By The Bay Needlearts mystery SAL, which looks like this:


It is now ready for the embellishing, which Donna posted a few days ago on her blog. She embellished the heck out of it!! I'm currently working up the courage to try some of her suggestions--might be a while!

Meanwhile, I finally got the charts for Nora Corbett's new Bewitching Pixies, Gigi and Luna, and I had a fun day stash diving in my fabric bins to find the perfect witchy fabrics for them; I think I found a couple of winners. :) Gigi's is a Silkweaver solo on opal Belfast:


Luna's is Silkweaver's Odyssey on Belfast:


I've already started Gigi; she has a black cat with her, so she had to be first as I love black cats! I'm hoping she'll be a pretty quick stitch, so I'll have a lot to show in my next post.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous fabrics. I think I am going to try stitching these if I get some other projects finished. Your Frosty Forest is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your WIPs look fantastic! And I can't wait to see the pixies. They're going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking amazing :) Can't wait to see your progress on the witches! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful stitching, I love those fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the lovely finish Melanie. I've bought the whole set so far but haven't stitched any of them. Love your fabric choices.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Frosty Forest Melanie...you're closing in on the finish line now. I'm just working on block 4 so a long way to go still but I'm enjoying it. Your new project looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your WIPs are beautiful, fabric choices too:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel down about having had enough of Frosty Forest - it's looking great and the stitching community is behind you to encourage you through the final two pieces. And as for your fabrics - WOW! They are gorgeous and really compliment your new projects. I look forward to seeing them started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frosty Forest is looking great.
    The Bay piece is nice too.
    Can't wait to see some of Gigi done up.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What perfectly fabulous fabric choices for Gigi and Luna!!!! Can't wait to see your start on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola Melanie.
    Buscando en Internet "CCN Frosty Forest" encontré tu precioso blog y me han encantado tus trabajos. Todos muy coloridos, como a mí me gusta.
    Soy tu seguidora. Te invito a que visites mi blog.
    Un beso desde España.
    Rosana.

    ReplyDelete