Friday, November 27, 2015

It's an ornament!

Last Friday I sat down and finished my entry for the Passione Ricamo Winter Whisper contest. Finishing is definitely not one of my better skills, but I'm reasonably happy with the way it turned out (especially from a distance!). This was the finished design, stitched on Twilight Belfast linen from Picture This Plus:


Front of the ornament:


Last Thursday I stitched the border on another piece of fabric, added some personalization, snowflake charms and beads, and used it as the back of the ornament:


I used beads and crystals to make a hanger and the tassels, and finished it off with a trim of GlissenGloss Estaz. Even though the back panel is a bit crooked, I'm pleased with how sparkly and pretty it is. The contest will be judged in December, so now it's just a matter of waiting to see if I win anything!

For those who celebrate it, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

9 comments:

  1. She's a beauty , so is your finishing
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's lovely. The beads really set off the delicacy of your stitching. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty, love the blue fabric.
    Your finish is nice.
    Good luck in the contest!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow beautiful finish
    It is an incredible ornament
    Very great work
    I finished the stitch and I start to create a little sack
    I wish you to win
    Ciaoo Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful finish ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a wonderful job with your ornament. She is very pretty and been finished off so well. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely finished like that

    ReplyDelete
  8. meraviglioso, bellissimo il colore della tela

    ReplyDelete