Thursday, November 12, 2015

Love this finishing idea!

Work continues on the model, so I don't have any new stitching pictures to share. However, I did want to share a neat finishing idea that I've come across. Summer House Stitche Workes has a series of designs called Postcards from the Heart, which feature a cross stitch design that is attached to a burlap canvas along with other "found objects"; it's almost like a mix of stitching and scrapbooking. Here is a picture of one of the finished pieces:


The designer has a great video tutorial for the process in her blog. The burlap canvases that she uses are from Tim Holtz, and can be found at most craft stores. Here's a link to an online store, so you can see what they look like: burlap canvas. Serendipitously, not long after watching the tutorial I came across these canvas panels at my local Target:


These are 12" x 12", and a nice white finish, as I wasn't a big fan of the burlap. When I finally finish the model, I've decided that I'm going to make a collage in remembrance of my trip to Italy this past May. Here is a picture of some of the goodies I stitched and received/bought during the trip:


If I have room, I'd love to add a picture from my trip as well; I'm really excited about this project!

In my last post I had a small contest, which was won by Dima; you can see what her prize was in her blog.

I'll leave you with a new picture of my Gracie acting as chart holder for me:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your finished collage. Gracie is so sweet! Kitties are the best stitchy helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I can't wait to see how you finish the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great project
    So cute
    Gracie is lovely
    I send many kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! I will definitely have to use this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the next update ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea.
    I'm not a fan of Burlap either.
    What a cute pic of Gracie.
    Good luck with your model stitching.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing what this project will look like all finished:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea for finishing off your stitching pieces and adding memories at the same time. I look forward to seeing your finished canvas! :)

    ReplyDelete