Thursday, December 3, 2015

Voting is open!

After seeing some of the stunning finishes in the Passione Ricamo Winter Whisper contest, I'm thinking it's going to be a tough competition! You can see all the entries here; and here's mine again:




If you really like mine, I'd love your vote, but if you like a different one, that's good too. Anything that brings positive attention to this wonderful craft of ours is welcome.

Still working on the model, and hopefully about 2/3 finished. A bit of bright news there: it turns out my vision isn't quite as bad as I thought it was. The night before Thanksgiving, my Ott Light started flickering, and the flickers were nice and bright. I ran over to Joann Fabrics to grab a new bulb, came home and installed it and it is so much brighter than the old bulb! I had no idea that the bulbs would dim over time; I always thought they would just burn out suddenly. It was also nice timing, because the bulbs are normally about $35, and they had them on sale for $13.

So I am stitching with renewed vigor now that I can see again, and am hoping to be done with this one by the end of the year!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

7 comments:

  1. I just cast my vote for you :) By the way, I was very surprised by how different everyone's stitched piece looked. It's not just the fabric choice, but the way the mouth and eyelashes are stitched. It makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Glad a new bulb helped a lot. Off to peruse the choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link so I could see all the works
    I didn't find it, I'm not in Facebook.
    Your stitch is in my heart.
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just popped over. So many beautifully stitched and finished pieces to choose from. I don't think I would have the inspiration or patience to finish a project like some of those. Well done everyone, and well done Mel, no matter where you come in the competition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted, love yours, the blue fabric is striking.
    Glad you can see better to finish your model.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your gorgeous finish! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete