Saturday, January 23, 2016

Like a kid in a candy store

That's me, after I finish a model (especially one that I worked on for the better part of four months!). I'm bouncing around my craft room, trying to decide what to stitch, and it's so hard to choose just one!

I have done some more on Bramble Crafts' Cinderella; the wicked stepsisters are taking shape:


I recently ordered some patterns from Shannon Christine Designs, and one of those was the start of a series of the monthly birthstones, garnet. I'm still waiting (impatiently!) for the bead pack to show up from Canada, but I did get all of the stitching done:


I'm planning to stitch all 12 of the designs on this piece of Tattersall linen; it should be a very colorful and sparkly finish.

By this past Thursday I was still feeling the need for more color, so I decided to start the latest Mirabilia, Gypsy Queen. I fell in love with her when she was released back in December, and I just couldn't wait any more. Here is my small start, on a piece of Belfast linen from Silkweaver named, appropriately enough, Gypsy:


I think I'm done bouncing around for now, as these three projects should satisfy my need for color and bling, but only time will tell.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Great choices! Lovely progress on everything too I'm excited for Cinderella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects and stitching Melanie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie
    Wow 3 beautiful projects
    It's fantastic because we are stitching Gypsy Queen. I found her beautiful I adore her colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great choices.
    The Birthstone project will be so pretty.
    I never heard of that designer before.
    Can't wait to see more of these.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching on all your gorgeous projects!
    Congrats on having time to stitch for yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're stitching three lovely pieces Mel. You're definitely right about how the birthstone sampler should look colourful and blingy by the end of the year. I look forward to seeing your progress on all three pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching! You've got some stunning WIPs at the moment:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The monthly birthstones will look great on that fabric. What will you do with it after?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, probably put it in the "Bin of Finishes", for some lucky thrift store customer to buy many years from now... :D

      Delete
  9. Beautiful stitching! They are all so different but really lovely designs.

    Just read your comment above about the "Bin of Finishes" - does anyone NOT have one of those?!

    ReplyDelete