Monday, July 25, 2016

Even more balcony!

The end is in sight--just need to stitch the bottom of the balcony, finish up the border and add a few more beads:


I was doing some beading yesterday, and I had attached the hand-painted bead from Italy that was made for this design:



It is an absolutely beautiful bead and I love the way it looks, but I'm afraid that it's just too big. I always have my Miras framed with glass, and the only way that that will work with this piece is if most of the piece extends pretty far out the back of the frame. So I removed the bead, and am thinking about what I want to do. Right now I'm leaning towards making a bead loop similar to the one in the picture, with a teardrop crystal in place of the large bead, but I'll make the decision when everything else is finished.

I have extra incentive to get this finished now, as this past week I found out that I've been accepted as a model stitcher by Wichelt Imports, and will be stitching Mirabilia/Nora Corbett designs for them! So I need to finish this piece and get to work on the Rosewood Manor model currently waiting in the wings so I can be ready when I receive my first model for Wichelt.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

13 comments:

  1. love your Miras, I have got several in my stash to do. Hope to finish up Peridot Fairy in August and start something new. Stargazer isn't in my stash, but definitely one I'd like to do one day, 3 Friends might be next, or January Fairy or maybe in September's. Oh yea, have Sleeping Princess all ready to start too. Glad I found your blog, it is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a better "job" for you than a model stitcher of these gorgeous designs! Juliet is looking beautiful. What a shame about the speciality bead but I can see what you mean about the framing. I'm sure you will come up with something equally stunning that fits perfectly with the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and CONGRATS on your new model stitcher job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow wow
    I'm very happy for you
    It is a great success.
    Your lady is beautiful. I have the same problem with the fuseruola.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo, almost done!
    Congrats on your model-stitching job with Wichelt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! That bead is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work and good luck deciding on what to do for the bead. Huge congrats on being accepted as a model stitcher, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes my framer makes a little divot like thing in the foamcore so big treasures/beads set further in - would that work? I know so many people love that charm.

    And HUGE congrats on getting accepted as a model stitcher for Wichelt! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shes awesome! Your stitching of her is making me thinking I might invest in the pattern :D How about a shadow box type frame for her and her bead?
    Congratulations!! I'm sure you will be an awesome model stitcher :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow congrats! Juliet is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Juliet is so beautiful! I'm glad that I could click on the photos to see them closer! Your idea of replacing the bead with a teardrop is a good one. Or you could use some kind of flat bead or jewel. Thanks for sharing!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete