Monday, April 24, 2017

Another SAL almost finished

While I worked on Andromeda I also fell behind on my Ship's Manor Beautiful Sea piece. I had stayed caught up with the first 11 parts, then three more parts were released. With part 14 Erik released the entire border, so there was quite a bit of stitching involved to get all that done, but I finally did it last week:

Part 15 was just released last Friday, so I should get that done this week, and then the final piece will come out on May 5 and I should have the whole design done shortly after.

I've signed up for another of Erik's SALs, the Halloween Mystery Town, which has had one part released so far. I have everything ready, but I just can't start it until I finish the three models I have waiting. That's not such a bad thing anyway, as I might play around with the colors a bit and it will be easier to do that when I can see more of the design.

I've also signed up for a Passione Ricamo mystery SAL, which starts May 1, and which I also won't be able to start right away. I really need to learn how to stitch faster!!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

Monday, April 10, 2017

One SAL finished

This past weekend I decided to pull out my Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL piece and finish it up. I had stayed current on it for the first 13 parts, but fell behind while I stitched Andromeda. I've had a nagging desire to finish it so it doesn't end up in the WIP bin, so I gave into the urge and here is the result:

When I picked it back up on Saturday I had the lower left corner stitched, so I decided that I would finish all of the green along the bottom row and then stitch all the flowers. When I got to the far right side, I realized that I had started the row one stitch to the left of where it should have been (that's a problem with mystery SALs released in small parts--there aren't enough points of reference to count from to make sure you're in the correct spot!). I just couldn't face frogging all of the green and the flowers on the left side that had already been done, so I decided to live with the mistake.

It's not terribly noticeable on the whole, but the stem of the white flower should line up with the middle of the orange flower, so it's definitely off, and will probably always bug me just a little!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

Monday, April 3, 2017

A little stitching

Last week after I finished the housework and errands that I'd been putting off to finish Andromeda, I still wasn't quite able to settle down with the large model I should be working on, so I pulled out Just Nan's Keep A Little Secret, which I had kitted up sometime last year.

This is stitched over-1 on 32ct linen--the chart calls for white but I used a Silkweaver solo that I thought went really well with the colors in the design. The chart also had the letters A, B and C, but I replaced them with my initials and added the year; here is what it looked like before the finishing work:

Just Nan has really good finishing instructions, but I am just not very good at sewing; I was really happy with how the front turned out, but the back not so much:

Fortunately, when it is in its little needle slide, no one sees the back!

There are a couple more of these needle slides with charts, which I have now ordered because they are quite fun to work on and can be finished in just a few days.

For now, I am back to "work", and made good progress this past weekend; hoping for a finish within about three weeks.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!