Monday, October 2, 2017

Loving Halloween Quaker!

I spent some more time on Halloween Quaker by Lila's Studio this week, as I'm having a hard time putting it down; I tell myself I can stitch one more motif, but then it's so hard not to start another one...

I've decided to try to use Silk'n Colors floss for the entire piece, except for some Silk Lame Braid, Kreinik braid and beads to add some sparkle and texture. I'm also debating using some black Wisper to stitch the spiders; I'll have to see if I have any on hand. I've pulled a bunch of SNC colors, especially ones that have great Halloween-y names: Witches Familiar, Monster Mash, All Hallow's Eve, Warlock Road, Broom-Hilda, Sleepy Hollow, Ghosts & Ghoulies and more--I'm afraid I'll run out of motifs to stitch before I can use all these great colors!

Here is where I left off last night:


I'm going to try to make myself put it away for the week and work on the Rosewood Manor piece, but we'll see if I can resist starting another motif...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, I love your floss choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun way to choose the colours for this design. I can see why you can't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous and what great floss names! I'm not surprised you can't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be gorgeous.
    What great colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it looks lovely! Why resist? We want more!

    ReplyDelete