Monday, January 22, 2018

No cure for start-itis

Why is it that once an idea for a design enters my head I just can't let it go until I actually put needle to fabric? About a month ago I bought Butternut Road's Provence Sampler, thinking that it would be a fun piece to do with new colors; then as I stitch on other things I play with colors in my head. I came across a limited edition Silk'n Colors called Birds of Paradise, and the two just clicked! And once that happened I eventually had to give in and make a start:


Right now I've pulled fuschia, aqua and purple SNCs that match the colors in Birds of Paradise, and I'll probably add some beads as well. This will be a good project to work on a bit at a time when I feel the urge to do some stitching for myself.

I've also started a new Tempting Tangles SAL piece, called Swans & Shears, which just had the first part released on the 19th. With a small part coming every two weeks,  I hope to be able to keep up with this one. Here is part 1 (minus the start of a larger motif on the right, which I'm waiting  to see more of before choosing colors), using whatever colors appeal to me on a piece of PTP Meditation Belfast:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. What lovely starts! I like that limited edition color you are using in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they're both lovely starts and you do plenty of model stitching so I say treat yourself! Your choice of thread for the Provence sampler is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects.
    I'm liking the colors on both.
    These are going to be gorgeous.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful new starts, the colours are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching on that gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful new starts. You have a great eye for colour!

    ReplyDelete